Monday, November 17, 2008

My first deer!!!





















So, November 1st was the first day for hunting season. On November 2nd I shot my first deer. It was a doe(female deer). I wanted to shoot a doe first because doe season ends after Thanksgiving. That way the rest of hunting season I can focus on getting a buck or a hog. The rifle I use is a 270. I like it because it does not have alot of kick. Anyways, one of my friends that Zach and I hunt with put the deer's blood on my face. It is their tradition to put the blood on your face when you kill your first deer. We got alot of meat out of that deer. We got hamburger meat, steaks, and backstrap. She was almost 3 years old and she weighed about 100 lbs. Zach also shot a deer the following week. Out of that deer we are getting 2 different kinds of sausage and steaks (I think!). Anyways, I love hunting because that is one hobby that Zach and I do together. We love it. Last year we hunted together, but this year we have our own memberships. Sometimes we will hunt together, but most of the time we hunt seperately. I think the most amazing thing about hunting is getting into your deer blind really early and watching the sun come up and see the forest come to life. It is so beautiful to be out there with nature.






1 comment:

Jared-Monica-Brooke-Caleb said...

So cool!! I love the pics. Let me know how the meat is!